PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of Information we collect include but is not limited to the following:
- Your name, Date of Birth (DOB) and other personal information as may be indicated
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your payment card details and/or your bank account details
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
We Collect Information When
- You create an playonline.ng account
- You purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services from the Site
- You connect with us regarding customer service via our customer service center, or on social media platforms
- You visit the site or participate in interactive features of the site
- You use a social media service, for example, our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from us.
- You enter a contest organized by playonline.ng, or any of its subsidiaries.
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may collect various pieces of information if you seek to place an order for a product with us on the Site. We collect, store and process your data for processing your purchase on the Site and any possible later claims, and to provide you with our services.
We will use the information you provide to enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through our website and which you request. Further, we will use the information you provide to administer your account with us; verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; audit the downloading of data from our website; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our website and customize them for users; identify visitors on our website; carry out research on our users' demographics; send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes. Subject to obtaining your consent we may contact you by email with details of other products and services.
If you prefer not to receive any marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. We may pass your name and address on to a third party in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our courier or supplier).
Payments that you make through the Site will be processed by our payment agents. You must only submit to us or our Agent or the Site information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes.
Your actual order details may be stored with us but for security reasons cannot be retrieved directly by us. However, you may access this information by logging into your account on the Site. Here you can view the details of your orders that have been completed, those which are open and those which are shortly to be dispatched and administer your address details, bank details and any newsletter to which you may have subscribed. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not make it available to unauthorized third parties. We cannot assume any liability for misuse of passwords unless this misuse is our fault.
Other uses of your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for opinion and market research. Your details are anonymous and will only be used for statistical purposes. You can choose to opt out of this at any time. Any answers to surveys or opinion polls we may ask you to complete will not be forwarded on to third parties. Disclosing your email address is only necessary if you would like to take part in competitions. We save the answers to our surveys separately from your email address.
We may also send you other information about us, the Site, our other websites, our products, sales promotions, our newsletters, anything relating to other companies in our group or our business partners. If you would prefer not to receive any of this additional information as detailed in this paragraph (or any part of it) please click the 'unsubscribe' link in any email that we send to you. Within 7 working days (days which are neither (i) a Saturday nor Sunday, nor (ii) a public holiday anywhere in Nigeria) of receipt of your instruction we will cease to send you information as requested. If your instruction is unclear we will contact you for clarification.
We may further anonymize data about users of the Site generally and use it for various purposes, including ascertaining the general location of the users and usage of certain aspects of the Site or a link contained in an email to those registered to receive them, and supplying that anonymized data to third parties such as publishers. However, that anonymized data will not be capable of identifying you personally.
For any competition organized by www.playonline.ng or its subsidiaries, we may use the data to notify winners and advertise our offers. You can find more details where applicable in our participation terms for the respective competition.
Third Parties and Links
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you.
- Provide any requested services.
- Administer contests.
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, receipt messages, e-mails, and mobile messages.
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions.
- Administer promotions.
- Improve the effectiveness of the Sites, mobile experience, and marketing efforts.
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy.
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business.
- To assist law enforcement in the event of legal shortfalls.
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard this information, the Sites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode the information.
- E-mail Security
- Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for certain information, do not respond. Though we might ask you your name, we will never request your password, credit card information or other information through e-mail.
- We also ask customers to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to us and their issuing bank. We ask all our customers to take measures to help protect information in their online accounts, including the following:
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses.
- Reset your e-mail account passwords frequently.
- Use complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters).
- Do not use the same password on more than one website.
- Do not share your password with others.
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal
We may disclose information you provide to us when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers or others.